Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to my first attempt at blogging. I've seen plenty of other people blogging about plenty of other things. So I figured I'd document my efforts to meet and exceed my performance in the 2009 Chicago Marathon in the same race two years later.

A wise runner will realize that a marathon training program is about 18 weeks, which means I technically don't need to start a program until early June, but I plan to run the 25k (15.5mile) Fifth Third Riverbank Run here in Michigan in early May to establish a fitness base for 2011 and kick off another successful running season.

So I'm starting the blog now, partly as a winter diversion and partly to kick myself into gear in the New Year. It'll be a slow start, but along the way, we'll get into various topics, including my running history, training runs, shorter races along the way, equipment, fitness, nutrition, hydration, family, work, travel, and I'm sure a hundred other topics as well.

So off we go.

Lace 'em up and join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment